Bialetti Moka Express 4 Cup
Technological simplicity and classically designed elegance have made the Bialetti Moka genuinely iconic (an overused term that fits in this instance) since its debut in the early 1930s. Bialetti has made over 200 million of these in the years since, and coffee lovers the world over have been enjoying coffee with an Italian accent.
Whats in the box
- 1 x Bialetti Moka Express 4 Cup
- Made from food grade Aluminium
- Not Induction Compatible
Before using for the first time:
- Un-assemble all components and lightly hand-wash in warm water.
- Read the instructions carefully - all styles have slightly different instructions.
- We recommend that you make and discard the first 2-3 brews.
Tips and Hints
- Use a medium grind coffee, too fine and it may cLog the filter, too coarse wiLL affect the flavour intensity. is been designed to work with Loosely fitted grounds, never tamper compact the coffee as this can cause too much pressure in the system
- Ensure all parts have been assembled correctly and that the base is screwed tightly to the upper chamber- avoid using the handle as Leverage. Select an element that is the closest to the size of the base, adjust the gas burned so that the fLame is not is not flicking up the side of the unit - especially towards the handles/knobs.
- Gurgling sounds and an intense espresso aroma tells you your Bialetti is brewing. If it's spluttering or spitting it means the heat is too high and needs to be turned down.
- Never Let the cafeteria burn dry, always keep an eye on it whilst heating on the stove.
- When the upper chamber Is about 80-90% filled, remove from the heat, if the bottom chamber boils dry it will make your brew taste burnt or bitter.
- Give the upper chamber a quick stir with a metal spoon before serving.
- A light coating of coffee oil inside your pot is good - it means your unit is well seasoned Like a wok.
- After use, lightly rinse by hand under warm water to protect your coffee oil coating.
- Do not wash in dishwasher or use steel wool or other abrasive cleaners.
- Never leave unused coffee or excess water in the unit for an extended period - especially overnight as this can cause oxidisation and corrosion inside the unit.
- Ensure all the parts are completely dry before reassembling and storing away.
- Periodically check the funnel, filter and rubber seal for wear as these can be replaced. Also check the spout in the upper chamber and clear any obstructions or build up if needed.